Monday, December 6, 2010

Confession:

I have an anger issue. When I get angry, I become this nonsensical mass of rage and hatred, and nothing can calm me down. I become self-destructive and, in rare cases, violent (geared towards myself, never others.) This is a recent issue-- as in the last year and a half-- and it's one that really scares me. I've never really been an "angry" type of person.
When I was younger, I would get really upset about things that didn't even matter. I would literally cry for days at a time about stupid, petty things. Instead of growing out of that, it's just become progressively worse. I began to bottle up my anger, of which there was an abundance.
And now, now that I'm finally happy and content and have every reason to be the poster-child for success and smiles, that anger is draining out of me in the form of these uncontrollable outbursts.

I hate it.

I hate feeling like I don't have any sort of control over my own emotions.
I hate feeling like I'm a stereotypical "woman:" all sass and attitude.
I hate knowing that this is negatively affecting my relationships with my friends, family, and boyfriend.
However, I can't seem to think of any sort of solution.

It just feels like I'm all alone in this angry little bubble, and there's no way to pop it.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps these outbursts occur on your period?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. Therapy bound.

    <3 Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete