Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Robert Frost.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

I like this. I want the last two lines tattooed on my forearm. But with a semicolon rather than a comma, because semicolons are the unrequited love of my life.

I want "Wild West" tattooed on my collarbone.
It's from the Gregory and the Hawk lyric
"Rising sun,
You're a tireless one and you'll be back, burning.
When the morning comes
Will you catch my soul upon waking?
Or will you make a wish
That the wild west will accept the excess."

I think that, when you fall in love with someone, you fall in love with who you THINK they are. And then, later on, you have to fall in love with who they REALLY are. And, sometimes, you wish you didn't have to, because that first person is so much better.
And, to me, Meredith is singing about waking up in bed with this man that she's in love with and wondering which one of her he loves. And she's hoping that, if he hasn't already, that he will love her for her. And she's wondering if she'll be strong enough to leave him and find someone that will appreciate all of her. And she hopes that if she does change for him, that the parts of herself she lets go will be absorbed into some cosmic greatness, and therefore impact the world in some positive way.
Idunno. Maybe I'm reading too deeply into it. Regardless, I love it.

I want the silhouette of a seagull standing, with another one in flight above him, on my left shoulder blade. I've always wanted a bird tattoo, and this one just seems appropriate.

I want the words Great Perhaps done in white ink on my right, inside wrist.

I want something tattooed on my hip, but can't think of anything to put there. It's frustrating.

Give me more tattoo ideas that don't suck?
Iloveyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment