Friday, October 15, 2010

Lately:

I guess you don't really need/ want an update on my life.
But I'm going to give you one.

I lost my virginity.
It's not recent, but I haven't really come out and said it yet. I'm kind of embarrassed. Talking about sex makes me feel trashy, and that's stupid: I'm in a committed relationship. It's not like I just gave it up to the first guy that walked into my life.
I don't know.

I started drinking, regularly and copiously.
I really like being drunk. And I don't understand "social" drinkers-- the people that drink one beer per hour for several hours. Mostly because I don't like beer. I prefer shots (but really, half a shot of everclear,) because it doesn't take much to get me where I want to be.
Less work, more pay-out just makes sense to me.

I guess I smoke.
Not really. I mean, I've so far had a grand total of seven cigarettes, ever. I'm not going to start buying my own packs, because that's expensive. But I do bum from my friends whenever they happen to be smoking.
I'm going to try to make it more of a hobby, and less of an addiction.

I'm starting to try lots of new things.
Alex keeps reiterating that this is college: it's the time to try various things out and see what works for you and what doesn't. It's time to kind of do the soul-searching, identity-finding thing.
And I'm still me. I thought that drinking and smoking and sex would change me, but it hasn't. I'm still loud, and I'm still obnoxious, and I still meow at everyone. I'm still Jordan.
I'm just drinking, smoking, sexing Jordan.

No comments:

Post a Comment