Monday, October 25, 2010

Fuck Fathers.

I almost dropped out of high school so that I could waste my life raising your kids, because you are the idiot asshole that never went to college and got laid off for three months.
I had to beg, literally BEG, gas money from complete strangers multiple times because YOU are too irresponsible to keep your promises and obligations to your child at boarding school a thousand miles away.
I spent every major vacation, from spring break to Christmas to summer, cooking and cleaning and changing diapers for whatever new kid you'd just popped out.
I did not complain when you knocked up a 21 year old girl.
I did not complain that it was the same girl you broke up with just a few months prior because "she was just too much like my daughter."
I did not complain about how, yes, creepy that is.
I did not argue with you, ever, about anything.
I did not fight with you over your repeated blocking of my mother from my phone for weeks a time.
I did not become angry when you informed me that I would have to attend community college or take out a loan, because you didn't have money to contribute to my education.

I don't even know what else to type.
I am literally the angriest I have ever been.

Because, you know, it just sucks.
To have a dad that calls my best friend's mom to cry about how much he misses me and how he regrets destroying our relationship and so on and blahblahblah, but can't be bothered to tell me that he's going to be less than ten minutes away from me for an entire weekend.
What if I had been on Bourbon?
Would you even have acknowledged me?
Would you have greeted me, your drunken girlfriend hanging from on arm, her purse on your other?
Or would you have just kept walking?

You're the shittiest father I can imagine.
I don't want you in my life anymore.

2 comments:

  1. I love you Jordan. You can come to my house for holidays if you want. Gerty and hopefully by Christmas Wendy will be sleeping with us though. teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have to take a test to be a parent. Really and truly. I don't know who would write the test. Likely Betty White. I trust her.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete