Monday, April 5, 2010

LOST/FOUND

I lost something very important to me. I don't know when. It was one of those "losses" where I looked around to find it and then sat in the middle of my floor and cried because I realized it was gone.
I will never find another one quite like it, because an exact replica wouldn't have the memories and character it had all bunched up inside.
That's what makes me saddest. I feel like by losing the item, I've lost the memories as well.

But, at the same time, I'm almost happy it's gone.
Don't get me wrong, if someone threw it into my lap and said, "Look what I found!" I'd be perfectly happy.
But I feel like with the misplacement of something special, I'm ending an era. A phase.

Now I'm moving on to something bigger and, hopefully, better.

Still, I'm sorry I'll never be able to return it.

No comments:

Post a Comment