Saturday, September 4, 2010

I'm Not Correcting The Last Post's Grammar.

I wrote it on my cellphone at 2 am in my bed, continuously fighting back droopy eyes and yawns. I wanted to write it with all of my thoughts still swirling around, because that's when I feel the most honest.
To clarify: "Jordan" is Jordan "Silverfox" McClum. She used to have blonde hair, but she uses old lady shampoo to turn it silver. It looks surprisingly natural.
She's a really nice girl and an overall inspirational person. She makes me feel really good about myself. I'm hesitant to call her a friend, though, because I'm terrified that as I warm up to her, she'll somehow disappear out of my life.
It's weird to think about Jordan and her silver hair and her anti-shaving, because it makes me look at myself in those aspects with those traits. And though I will probably never dye my hair silver, I might stop shaving. And I might stop caring about the role society wants me to fill. And I might spend less time being socially conscious and more time fulfilling my wants and needs.

My first step into that is a boy. I'm not naming names, because I'm silly and believe in jinxs. But, wow. What a connection. What an interesting person. What a- well, I could go on for a long time. I'm remaining cautiously hopefull.
I have no idea what I'm doing tonight.
Last night, I went to Decadence and to a gay bar and some old man told me that I have nice titties (which, of course, I already knew,) and the gay boy I was with told me that I have the hair, the face, and the boobs to get whoever and whatever I want in life.
I'm not sure if that was a compliment or a warning.
Then I went to a Frat party and everyone told Mears, Danny, Parker, and I that we didn't have to join a fraternity or sorority in order to go to all of their parties.
So, I guess I'm not joining one. (That is partially a joke.)

I'm making friends here, slowly but surely.
Danny and Mears are inseperable, and I'm okay with that.
We took a nap together yesterday. All sprawled ontop of one another like one big happy family. And that's what we are: happy. I'm okay with college.
I'm confident that I'm going to be able to work through whatever problems may come up.
And if I don't meet the boy of my dreams, I Will Survive, because I's an independant womanz.

2 comments:

  1. I read all of these, if you didn't know

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you updated every five seconds. I nearly cry at your words.

    ReplyDelete