Monday, March 29, 2010

Mineminemine.

I know I'm selfish and stupid and ditzy and sensless and spiteful and a little slow on the up-take.
I would never deny that.
All of those adjectives describe me, and I like to think that I'm honest enough to accept these things about myself.
Because I know that I have redeeming qualities. Last night I pelted people with Jolly Ranchers. The night before, I forgave something that I've been harboring a lot of hatred and anger for. The night before that, I cried and told my momma that I missed her (because no one knows how to handle tears like a momma does.)
I've done some really terrible things to some really wonderful people.
I've been really mean to Jon, and he didn't deserve that.
I've ignored Mears when she maybe really needed me to listen to her.
I've cut Michael's sentences off when he had something important to say.
I've treated my favorite people in the world like shit when they were at their worst.


But....

I've also made incredible differences in a lot of people's life.
I wake up intending to make people smile.
I always do my best.


And that has to count for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment