Wednesday, March 10, 2010

First Blog

I've never really blogged before.
I guess I want that to be my first statement as a sort of disclaimer: a big, flashing sign that screams, "Turn back now!" so that you can't say I didn't warn you.

I used to be a writer, though. When I was younger and sweeter I wrote with great sincerity about the world and it's problems and the oh-so simple solutions. I didn't have much of a vocabulary, but my writings were honest and that made them readable. I wrote in clichés strung together by growing pains.

Over the past few years I've un-learned how to be so honest with myself. What people think of me has become overwhelming important, and I no longer speak or write with the world in mind. Why think of the world, when I am so much more important?


And so I've decided to begin this blog for a variety of reasons.

To self-indulge my growing ego, to get to know myself, to meet and know other people, and to combine my new style of 5-dollar words and my old style of sincerity into some sort of an accomplishment.

I’m not going to introduce myself because that feels counter-productive. But I would very like for you to introduce yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment