Tuesday, February 22, 2011

poem.

I fell awake this morning
And found that the sun was good
Rolled over, discovered a man
And found that the man was good
Gavelost He stole my virginity
And I found that the sex was good
I was a child, a child, a child.
The man was still good,
The sex was still good,
But the child was not
And the mother, the father never knew
That the girl spoke so loudly
To cover the hurt the the
The bandaid never would.
I A M S O R R Y
For the sins commited in innocence
And my mother's bedsheets
For the silence that followed
And the life that changed beyond repair
For the man,
Who was not good
And for the sex
Which was not that great
On our lazy Tuesday afternoon
When the neighbor taught the child
There Is No God
Only tears. Only tears.
And that memories are forever.

1 comment: