Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Catgirl Cleans Things.

My sink is piled with dirty dishes.
Before Alex left, he kind of mumbled-whispered-asked that I do the dishes while he was gone at a Kappa Sig meeting.
So I made a gaia account, played jigsaw, and then did the dishes.
Not because I think the dishes really need doing: we have microwave-safe plates and bowls, plenty of clean silverware, and a ton of plastic cups. Not because the sight of my kitchen is appalling; because it always is, even with an empty sink. And not because I particularly felt like doing it (which, for the record, I did not.)
Just because Alex mumbled-whispered-asked me to.

And I think that's what being a grown up is.
It's falling in love, and being intelligent enough to know it.
It's doing unpleasant things, like dealing with week-old bacon grease and semi-chewed particles of food, and not complaining about them.
It's knowing that there is no garbage disposal, so I'll need to pour a few tablespoons of bleach down the drain soon.

I feel very housewife-y.
And I'm surprisingly okay with it.

I really love this boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment